I just left my job as a pediatric emergency department nurse and am about to start in a pedatric cardiac ICU. Stay tuned for updates!
Former Disney cast member. Magic Kingdom/All Star.
Sometimes believer in magic.
Let's be friends!
Que Sera, Sera
Sine qua non
"There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for."-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers (via intox1cated)
Having to chart “sanguineous”
Handwriting challenge! Tagged by sweetsouthernnurse! Oh how I hate my handwriting haha.
1- name 2 - URL 3 - blog title 4 - favorite color 5 - crush 6 - write something in all caps 7 - favorite bands 8 - favorite number 9 - favorite drink 10 - tag 10 favorite bloggers
GUYS YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW WONDERFUL THIS IS
Parkinson’s is a degenerative disease and while it’s progress can be slowed down, it currently doesn’t have a cure. People suffering from Parkinson’s will experience a gradual loss of coordination and ability to perform even the most basic of every day tasks, including feeding themselves.
This fucking spoon is HUGEfor them. Look at that gif of the man just trying to eat with the regular spoon and compare it to the liftware device. It’s NOT just a spoon, by the way, it comes with a fork as well, for example.
I found the website for the project where you can purchase a spoon for someone you know/love and even possibly donate money to help someone out who can’t afford it themselves right: HERE.
At the very least, please spread this for all the people who have Parkinson’s or loved ones with Parkinson’s.
You’ll help them take part of their life back.
PEOPLE HAVE BEEN TAKING OUT THE ABOVE INFORMATION AND JUST REBLOGGING THE PICTURE. IF YOU CAN REBLOG THE PICTURE, YOU CAN REBLOG THE LINK TO ACTUALLY HELP PEOPLE. THANKS.
optimismkilledthecat tagged me!
1. Always post the rules 2. Answer the questions from the person who tagged you and make 11 new ones. 3. Tag 11 people and link them to this post.
My questions are:
1) What is your name? Carolyn
2) Favorite time of year (season/holiday/day, etc.) I guess fall. Cozy clothes, hot chocolate with Bailey’s and Halloween. Oh and pumpkin everything!
3) Any current obsessions? What are they? Hmmmmm, I don’t really think so.
4) How are you? I’m good. :) Crazy super bored all the time since I’m in the middle of a move and haven’t started my new job yet. But good!
5) Are you happy? I think so. :) Definitely a lot happier than I’ve been in a long time. 2013 and most of 2014 were absolutely awful, but I’m finally getting to where I want to be.
6) What’s your favorite color? Purple.
7) What does your last text say? “White rabbit!” It’s a game my family and I play with each other- on the first of the month, you have to be the first person to say it. I always win now since I work night shift ;)
8) Favorite song at the moment? My favorite song of always and life anthem is Vienna by Billy Joel. It centers me when I think my life isn’t going how it’s supposed to. (slow down, you’re doing fine. You can’t be everything you wanna be before your time).
9) What do you want to major in/are majoring in? I graduated college 2 years ago- my major was nursing. Man I’m so old.
10) How’s the weather? RAINY.
11) Last good thing that happened to you that comes to mind? So many lately! Got a kick ass apartment, got an amazing new job, got a kitten and moving to the place that makes me happiest in the world!
1 - Favorite drink?
2 - Favorite way to spend a day off?
3 - If you want kids, what would you name them?
4 - Do you have any talents?
5 - Which Hogwarts house would you be sorted into?
6 - Who taught you how to drive and where did you learn?
7 - What helps you to fall asleep when you have trouble?
8 - Who is the last person you called?
9 - Tell a funny work story.
10 - Describe your favorite outfit.
11 - What are your biggest career goals?
Tagging: I know I’ve done this before and I’m trying to tag different people….but I honestly can’t remember who I tagged and who I didn’t last time, so sorry if you get it again :) 1. jtownnn 2. tinygreyhouse 3. shorelyknot 4. schoko-nurse 5. sweetsouthernnurse 6. brittyrn 7. labornursemeghan 8. fit-nurse-life 9. hanakate86 10. findme-somebodytolove 11. tri-nursing
While a liquid soap dispenser is very convenient, a good old solid bar of soap is a much ‘greener’ option, as it’s more concentrated and doesn’t require a plastic bottle. But squishy, wet soap bars next to the basin are a pain, and they harbour bacteria too. So, what to do? Young designer Nathalie Stämpfli has come up with a very satisfactory solution with her Soap Flakes soap holder. It takes an ordinary bar of soap, and shaves off tiny soap flakes every time you want to wash your hands.